Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Monday-----Our BiG Adventure!


Today started out normal enough. We got up at a reasonable hour, instead of sleeping in because we all had to take showers. The 3 minute pay showers were quite the experience! We didn't stay at the camp site long, as soon as breakfast was ready we pulled out and got on the road, at about 11:00

There are fences all along the edge of the highway to keep the deer and moose off the road. Every once in a while, there are these one way gates, where the deer can run in, but cannot come back out onto the road.

We only drove for about 45 minutes before stopping at the Reverse Falls in Saint John, New Brunswick.

Somehow, they printed the 'b' upside down, so that it looked like a 'p'



 When the tide comes in it changes the direction of the river so that the water flows upstream. It's on the Bay of Fundy. When we were there, the tide was coming in, but we didn't get to see it all the way up.







Our next stop was the Nova Scotia Visitors Center. There we stopped and looked at the gift shop, took a few pictures, and enjoyed the small flower garden.



 This peanut brittle was SOOOOOOOOO good!

We had a yummy lunch of hamburgers on the road, prepared by Chef Tanya.

Before our next stop we played some games, ate snacks, and took goofy pictures:D.




Their cokes come in boxes of 15!

We tried the McLobster!



Justin like it a lot, but Andrew did NOT at all!!!


We were going to stop for our first genuine seafood dinner at a little place we had passed that looked really good. It advertised fresh lobster supper.....so we thought it would be nice to eat there. I was sitting in the front with my camera when we pulled up. This crAzy guy comes running down the porch, shouting and waving his arms “CUSTOMERS, CUSTOMERS!!! WELCOME TO NOVA SCOTIA!!!” 








I realized that this was going to be very interesting, so I turned my camera on, and was going to take a picture of him. He saw me just as he was starting going back inside, so he turned around, came back outside, and started to yell and wave his arms even MORE.

We thought that maybe he was just excited to have customers......but we would soon realize that that was NOT AT ALL the case.....

I ran to the back to try to wake up Kylie, because she was still taking a nap. But she was not to be awoken, despite our desperate efforts.


So...I hurried back out of the motor home, and came outside to see crAzy guy setting off a firework right in front of Aunt Tanya. 

 Justin and Lori had gone in the store because we were going to have dinner there. Aunt Tanya was following them in, but crAzy guy came and confronted her on the porch. After he set off the firework, he kept saying to Aunt Tanya, “A high five from the lady!! A high five from the lady!!” Another man was just coming out, and he looked VERY befuddled & nervous. I was standing close by with the camera, and crAzy guy was insisting that I take a picture of him. The man hurriedly got in his car and left. By that time, we realized that this guy was just plain crazy: he started coming after us, trying to give us drinks of water. We had NO intentions of drinking ANY of his water. crAzy guy could only talked in one volume of voice: which was about 40 decibels! All of us girls, and Justin and Andrew, had made it safely back into the motor home, and were watching, hysterical with laughter, from inside.


Scott and Jeff had discovered that a shock was just hanging by the tire, so they started to work on that while the crAzy guy pestered them with questions: asking them where they worked, where we were from, and what religion we were.....









Sorry if these videos don't work, but here's some live video footage from our big adventure. It was hilarious!!! When we get back, we will have to share with all of you!

Drifting through the warm vapors of my dreams, there came a voice... someone was speaking... a man's voice was shouting, 'WE'RE BANKRUPT!' This voice had interrupted my pleasant sleep, the clouds of sleep began to part and I began to wake up. In reality, there was a crazy man standing right outside my sleeping quarters, yelling at my fellow passengers. Stumbling from the back bedroom, I made my way up to the kitchen. From there I could see out the window, the man from whom this obnoxious voice was coming. Having no clue what was happening, I crouched on the floor so I wouldn't be targeted as the next victim to be offered a cup of his 'water' (we were not sure if this was 'fire water' or what...). Once I realized that everyone else was laughing hysterically, I figured that everything was ok but wondered what I had missed out on...”

We did finally get a nice, peaceful dinner at the Red Barn. We all enjoyed some very good seafood, except the boys who got good ol' American hamburgers. 












Sorry this is SOO late, but we have had a few troubles with WiFi.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like some crazy fun times! Cute pics of the two of you at Reversing Falls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha!! I definitely got in my chuckles for today. My computer is still literally shaking from my silent laughter. And Kylie's fish dinner seriously made my mouth water! Thanks for the entertaining post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've sure had a fun filled adventure so far. I really like the picture of Wendy on the stairs. The seafood looks yummy. Uh, except for the muscles. Anyway, the crazy guy story was too funny. You just never know what you will find on a road trip like you're on. Keep up the great posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh. my. word.

    I am STILL laughing!!! That was hilarious!!! I also liked that pic of Wen on the stairs...and the one of Ky by the rail at the falls. Thanks for the fun post. I can't WAIT until the NEXT one!!! Have fun at camp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am laughing so hard!!! Sounds like you guys have made some great memories!!! I miss you guys, hurry back!!!

    ReplyDelete